A bit of a rush this weekend so I haven’t been able to finish the blog post I was hoping to post. Here are some links to keep you occupied for a bit though… I hope I’ll be able to post a full post the next few days.
- E3 has come and gone. I could link to a million things from there, but I’ll restrict myself to one: The Star Wars — The Old Republic trailer. That is one serious piece of awesome right there.
- No, one more E3 mention actually: You will burn in hell for pretending to burn in hell.
- In other game news, the new Red Faction seems to be a good game.
- On the subject of MMOs, Jeff Vogel posted an interesting article about addiction-based game design and Eric at Eldergame posted an in-depth article on the health of the MMO industry.
- Sad news: Fantasy author David Eddings is dead.
- Here’s a concept display of a new kind of interface, used entirely without clicking. I’m not sure if that’s the way of the future, but it’s interesting.
- Алёна C++ made this awesome map of C++. Goes pretty nicely with xkcd’s map of the online communities from a while back.
- Speaks for itself: some beautiful world records.
- And the asshole of the week (frightening how easy it is to find these): the guy who thinks he owns the word “edge”, and likes lawsuits about it — Tim Langdell.